The Au in Capoeira is also known as a cartwheel.
There is a bit difference between your usual Cartwheel that you may normally do in acrobatics. You will find out in this tutorial.
Au is the most common floreio in Capoeira. It is used by everyone no matter what level corda you are. Au is most commonly used to open up the first game in the Roda.
1. Begin to place yourself in the "Ginga" position (Beginning with the right foot at the back)
2. Then, move to a squatting position "Cardeira" facing the front - Spread your legs wider than your usual squat, covering your face.
3. Placing your right hand close to your right foot. - left foot is up in the air.
4. Push off with your Right feet straight towards the ceiling towards the right hand side - in this motion, you also want to place you left hand down parallel to your right hand.
5. When landing the Au- you want to land to back in the "Ginga" Position.